Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, April 30, 2010

Swag, Baby. Swag.


So...I just have to give a shout-out to two lovely ladies in the blogosphere. I was recently interviewed by Shannan and Stacy of GirlsintheStacks.com, an awesome blog devoted to (what else?) books of all genres, shapes, and sizes. Imagine my surprise when as a THANK YOU gift, the two unstoppable S's sent me a little care package featuring a T-shirt, a bag of INSANELY DELICIOUS Texas peanut brittle, and EQUALLY INSANELY DELICIOUS Texas salsa.

Yes--the way to my heart is through my stomach. And through the extremely comfortable cotton wear, as embodied by the picture below.

You can read a review of my book or here a podcast about it from the girls here. Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick thank-you. I really love the community I've found in the blogosphere, and the Stacks Girls really embody that warmth and support.

Three cheers for bloggers, and four cheers for peanut brittle.

Tonight I'm doing an event with Gayle Forman, the virtuosic author of If I Stay! I'll have tons to post about tomorrow, I'm sure, so come back and visit me then!

xo
L

4 comments:

girlsinthestacks.com said...

You called us the "unstoppable s's" we like it, thanks! Oh, and Shannan loves If I Stay she was able to meet Gayle Forman at the TeenBookCon in Houston.

girlsinthestacks.com said...

Lauren,you are so sweet!!! We adore you and appreciate the shout out! I did meet Gayle Forman at the TeenBookCon and she was lovely! I loved If I Stay! We are going to try for an interview with her in a couple weeks. Have a fun night!!
BTW, the shirt looks GREAT on you!
Many blessings,
Shannan

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

That is so sweet and the shirt is cute! I recently just found the girls' blog and love it!

Hannah S. said...

Ah, how cute! I'll click on the link right after I post this comment...
Love, Hannah

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.